Bob Mercer digs into Kristi Noem’s federal PAC reports and finds South Dakota’s governor has received $99K worth of free travel in 17 months:
- June 28, 2022 – $8,000 Falcon Air, Raleigh North Carolina. (Noem Victory Fund)
- June 27, 2022 — $3,610 (in-kind) Select Management Resources, Alpharetta, Georgia. (Noem Victory Fund)
- June 27, 2022 — $20,000 (in-kind) Republican Party of San Diego County, San Diego, California. (Noem Victory Fund)
- April 12, 2022 — $4,114.20, James S. Brown, Littleton, Colorado. (Noem Victory Fund)
- April 1, 2022 – $7,232 (in-kind), Lindell Management, Chaska, Minnesota. (Noem Victory Fund)
- April 1, 2022 — $12,000 (in-kind), Shane J. Guidry, New Orleans, Louisiana. (Noem Victory Fund)
- January 19, 2022 — $900 (in-kind), Tami Nelson, Gettysburg, South Dakota. (Noem Victory Fund)
- November 3, 2021 — $9,054 (in-kind), Republican Jewish Coalition, Washington, DC. (Noem Victory Fund)
- October 14, 2021 — $2,850 (in-kind), Mike Lindell, Chaska, Minnesota. (Noem Victory Fund)
- September 30, 2021 — $10,100 (in-kind), Dynalab, Reynoldsburg, Ohio. (Noem Victory Fund)
- September 26, 2021 — $1,275 (in-kind), National Federation of Republican Women, Alexandria, Virginia. (Noem Victory Fund)
- September 25, 2021 — $6,000 (in-kind), Solomon Plumbing, New Hudson, Michigan. (Noem Victory Fund)
- September 20, 2021 — $9,314.90 (in-kind), Holloway Frost, Houston, Texas. (Noem Victory Fund)
- June 21, 2021 — $2,474.26, Capital Corporation, Greenville, South Carolina. (Keeping Republican Ideas Strong, Timely & Inventive Committee)
- March 10, 2021 — $1,167.80, Fabick Cat, Fenton, Missouri. (Keeping Republican Ideas Strong, Timely & Inventive Committee)
- February 26, 2021 — $463.69, Don Dyer, Austin, Texas. (Keeping Republican Ideas Strong, Timely & Inventive Committee) [Bob Mercer, “South Dakota Governor Kristi Noem’s Out-of-State Trips Shown in Her FEC Reports,” KELO-TV, 2022.09.26].
$98,555.85*—that’s about the same amount of salary that Noem has drawn for her last nine months of actual work (current annual governor’s salary: $128,872.18). Given she gets a dollar in free air travel from political friends for every two dollars she gets from South Dakota taxpayers, it’s no wonder Noem happily dedicates so much time to candidates and issues unrelated to South Dakota’s daily well-being.
Among the unsavory characters keep Kristi aloft are election-liar and poker-bluffer Mike Lindell, huge Houston GOP donor Holloway Frost, and, just this June, Select Management Resources of Alpharetta, Georgia. That opaquely named Georgia firm was the payday lender parent company that spent big money in South Dakota in the 2016 election cycle in a failed effort to prevent us from capping payday loan interest at 36%, effectively killing their predatory business model in South Dakota. Let’s hope their footing of Kristi’s summer travels aren’t an effort to get their foot back in to South Dakota’s money market to fleece more low-income workers… who won’t be getting a half-million in free airplane tickets from Kristi Noem or anyone else.
*Correction 2022.09.28: I missed a decimal point in my original calculations; I have edited the headline and text to reflect the correct value of the travel donated to Noem’s federal PACs.