Marty Jackley really really wants to return to statewide office. So do all but seven of South Dakota’s state’s attorneys, who have endorsed Jackley’s bid to return to the Attorney General’s office and replace the killer idiot currently occupying that space.
Cops don’t back him; prosecutors don’t back him… it appears no one has confidence in Jason Ravnsborg’s ability to continue serving as Attorney General. Time to quit, Jason.
2018 AG contender Lance Russell, who does double duty prosecuting in Fall River and Oglala Lakota counties, has endorsed Jackley, which is mighty nice of him… but wait—who among the state’s attorneys hasn’t endorsed Jackley yet?
- Michael Moore, Beadle County: consulted with the Hyde County Deputy State’s Attorney Emily Sovell on the Ravnsborg prosecution and ran interference for Ravnsborg against the Governor when she released his damning police interrogation videos.
- Cassie Wendt, Butte County: endorsed Ravnsborg’s other primary opponent, John Fitzgerald, in 2018.
- Merlin Voorhees, Hyde County: the silent prosecutor in the county where Ravnsborg killed Joe Boever through reckless driving and who handed the entire case off to his deputy Sovell.
- John Fitzgerald, Lawrence County: Hmm… maybe angling for Governor Noem’s appointment to the position instead of Jackley if Ravnsborg finally does the right thing and resigns?
- Dylan D. Kirchmeier, Roberts County: one of the only (the only?) Democratic state’s attorneys in this state… hey! Maybe he’s our guy for 2022!
- Emily Sovell, Sully County: yeah, Jason Ravnsborg’s prosecutor should probably remain silent on political matters right now.
- Jerry Miller, Union County: the Republican crony who let Jason drive over from Yankton and play paralegel for him so Jason could pretend to be a real prosecutor during his 2018 campaign. Come on, Jerry: you backed Marty in 2014; get on board with him again!