An eagle-eyed reader notices a detail in one of Erin Woodiel’s photos from the Capitol during Governor Kristi Noem’s budget speech last week:
There at the right side of the photo is Attorney General-Elect Marty Jackley. And just visible around Senator and Commissioner-Elect of School and Public Lands Brock Greenfield’s head is Marty Jackley’s phone, to which Marty is devoting his attention.
I can understand texting while sitting through a Kristi Noem speech. Let’s just hope our incoming Attorney General doesn’t practice such digital distraction when he gets behind the wheel. That didn’t work out so well for the last elected Attorney General.
Kristi Noem is as exciting as watching my dog lick the crease inside the top of his hind leg.
Now you did it, Heidelberger. You’re gonna get him kicked out of Girl’s State!
Another nursing home closure falls on Mrs. Noem. “Unfortunately, the lack of staffing resources, Medicaid underfunding, and the continued impact of COVID-19 created an environment where we can no longer keep our doors open.”
Daktronics is hurting because Mrs. Noem failed to provide leadership during the Trump Virus.
Top Five Things Marty Was Looking at on His Phone During Noem’s Speech:
5. Betting sites, trying to find one that bothers to include Kristi in its 2024 odds (None on Empire Stakes or Odds Checker, but Covers gives her a 1 in 66 chance, tied with Tom Cotton, Josh Hawley, AOC, and Tucker Carlson but behind Ted Cruz, Gretchen Whitmer, Mike Pompeo, Elizabeth Warren, and Hillary Clinton.
4. Joel Koskan’s latest plea bargain.
3. The camouflage Cobra walkie-talkie at Cabela’s, a dozen of which he plans to buy with the $371,423 FY2023 adjustment Kristi’s requesting for digital radios for the AG’s office.
2. SingleandOver50.com, because our AG is single and need not restrict himself to AshleyMadison.com!
1. Dakota Free Press, just like Ravnsborg!
Good one, Cory. #grins
Well, maybe it will be like when Bush Sr. looked at his watch while in a debate with Clinton.
The Messrs. Jackley and Greenfield are likely sitting in those cheap seats together because they trundled across the street together just before the speech, from Mr. Greenfields favorite lobbist house where the beer is cold and the Shieldaig Speyside is free. Young Ms. Langer seethes with bewilderment at her banishment and Mr. Greenfield’s ascension to greater powers.
Grudznutz languishes in its wanking closet, perturbed that Maria Buttina did not want to interview it istead of Viktor Bout.
On the other hand, perhaps he’s making the best use of his time. Such “speeches” are perfunctory theater, complete with meaningless applause lines built in.
Mark, it won’t be like BUsh’s look at his watch. In that case, voters felt Bush was ignoring them. In this case, Marty was showing he was just like most voters in ignoring another boring Kristi speech.
What is far more interesting than her speech is, my dog just keeps lying there, lifting his leg slightly, and sticking his face right in. He just keeps licking! Amazing in comparison. When the speaker is more into her own self than she is the audience enduring her self-centered message, you guys can check out this exciting dog that licks his hind leg flap.