The C-SPAN Cities Tour has spotlighted the literary life and history of over 120 American Cities. Next week, the bi-monthly broadcast project finally comes to South Dakota. According to a press release from C-SPAN and Midco (remember, C-SPAN was created by and gets its funding from the cable industry), C-SPAN staff will be in Pierre next week, September 2–7, to shoot material for Book TV and American History TV.
The Pierre City Commission will welcome the C-SPAN crew at its regular meeting on Tuesday, September 5, at 5:30 p.m. Central at City Hall. C-SPAN will spend the week recording features on the following local leading lights and sights:
- Interview with Mayor Steve Harding
- Interview with Governor Dennis Daugaard
- South Dakota State Capitol Tour
- South Dakota Historical Society
- Trail of Governors
- South Dakota Historical Society Press Publishing History
- South Dakota Historical Society Press Pioneer Girl Project
- Jim McLaird, “Hugh Glass: Grizzly Survivor”
- Cathie Draine, editor of “Cowboy Life”
C-SPAN will broadcast its Pierre material October 7–8. The Cities Tour webpage says C-SPAN will feature Sioux Falls November 4–5.
Hey, C-SPAN!! Bring your own drinking water. Pierre’s become the Mexico of the Missouri.
I wonder if C-Span will ask about the EB-5 and Gear Up scandals.
Especially when one involves children (Westerhaus murders and Native American children not getting and gear up grant money) it makes for good headlines and more viewers.
psst ……Cory, you going to be in Pierre next week? Go tell them…..
Sorry, Jenny, I gotta work! A Pierre reader could slip the C-SPAN team a link or two… but the crew coming is focused on books and history, not investigative journalism.