Check out the latest Dakota Free Press Podcast! Co-host Spencer Dobson takes an Independence Day break, so Episode #18 is a solo show with my speech this noon to the District 22 Democratic Forum in Huron. I’ve made a few edits for time and audibility, and my mic didn’t quite pick up all of the questions, but most of the program is there.
If you like this podcast, support the show with a contribution to the Dakota Free Press Tip Jar!
A few links related to the wide range of topics District 22 Democrats and I discussed over lunch today:
- My evidence and explanations of Kristi Noem’s bushwah on health care at her Rapid City town hall.
- Secretary of State Shantel Krebs’s response to the Trump/Kobach election fraud commission’s overreaching data request.
- From March: Thune, Rounds, and Noem voting for big telecom profits over our data privacy.
- President Ronald Reagan’s quote about immigration, 1981: “Our nation is a nation of immigrants. More than any other country, our strength comes from our own immigrant heritage and our capacity to welcome those from other lands.”
- Aziz Ansari, Master of None, on religion and bacon.
- My Tuesday post on Speaker Mickelson’s dark money ballot initiative.
- DFP poll showing strong reader support for single-payer health coverage.
- The May 2017 HHS report from which Noem pulls her line that ACA premiums are up 124% and the Washington Post fact check explaining that that HHS report ignores the premium tax credits that result in lower net premiums for lots of policyholders.
- Vanessa Garcia, “Cuba, U.S. Better Off if Their Doors Stay Open,” Miami Herald, 2017.06.14.
- Single-payer saves lives and saves money.
- That chart I mentioned saying premiums would be 30% to 50% higher without the ACA.
And don’t forget: keep this podcast humming by sharing it with your friends and supporting it by ringing the Dakota Free Press Tip Jar!