An eager reader sends me this riotous video of Russian gun activist, spy, frequent South Dakota tourist, and now legislator Maria Butina interviewing Russian arms dealer Viktor Bout. The propaganda clips are chock full of Putinist lies that his dupes in the West will mostly lap up:
- Butina says Bout was imprisoned in America without any trial or investigation.
- Bout says the American prison system was created by Nazis brought to the U.S. in Operation Paperclip (which began in 1944, several years after the establishment of the first prisons in the United States).
- Bout says his torture included a menu that, “based on Nazi practices,” consisted of hamburger and overcooked fried every Wednesday, gigantic chicken legs every Thursday, and no garlic, dill, parsley, or wild strawberries for ten years.
- Bout says his imprisonment was an experiment on one individual designed to prefigure America’s attack on Russia: “Everything that happened to me is now happening to our country.”
- Bout claims his court-appointed attorney, Sabrina Shroff, dressed provocatively and flaunted her breasts in front of him to lure him into cooperating with investigators. (The video captures no comment from Bout on Butina’s posture at the conclusion of the interview.)
- Bout says he totally supports Russia’s invasion of Ukraine and would volunteer to fight in what he suggests is an effort to keep the Anglo-Saxon-controlled West from dragging Russia and the rest of the world into its “suicide of civilization”.
- Butina presses Bout to express a preference for either Joe Biden or Donald Trump. Bout evades those questions, saying the two men are like Diet Pepsi and Coke Zero. “We pay far too much attention to American politics,” says Bout, in perhaps the only non-horsehockey portion of his chat with Butina. “Guys, let’s deal with our own internal problems.”
- Butina, ever determined to press Putin’s anti-American disinformation, asks, “Will there be a revolution in America?” Bout says, “Unfortunately, I don’t believe there will be a revolution.” He points to the treatment of the participants in the January 6, 2021, insurrection, with American authorities imprisoning 1200–1300 people “without anything at all. And for what? They didn’t kill anyone. They just beat some people up, didn’t even start a fire.”
- Bout says “there is now reverse racism in America.” Shouting out to incels everywhere, Bout says, “It’s very difficult to be a normal white person who wants a family and children, who wants love.”