Fresh off the Mac—it’s Dakota Free Press Podcast #8!
Today’s guest is Renée Wise, candidate for Aberdeen school board. Wise talks about her interest in dyslexia, classroom technology, and personalized education. Then Wise answers some questions about gifted education, extracurriculars, open enrollment, and other school board issues.
But first, co-host Spencer Dobson and I recap the March for Science, discuss the impact a government shutdown could have on South Dakota tourism (perhaps averted since our recording by Trump’s skillful caving), and review why it stinks to be poor and transgender or Muslim and armed in Sioux Falls.
March for Science—Aberdeen
Tourism and Government Shutdown
- Impacts of 2013 federal government shutdown in 2013
- Ah! South Dakota hustled for private donations to keep Mount Rushmore open during the 2013 shutdown.
No Transgenders Allowed at Union Gospel Mission
Armed and Muslim in South Dakota
- DFP analysis of the charge and evidence against Ehab Jaber
- See Jaber’s in-vehicle video displaying his weapons.
- KELO-TV and blog coverage of July 2013 open-carry march in Sioux Falls
Renée Wise, Aberdeen school board candidate
And did I mention the Dakota Free Press Tip Jar? Click that link or the lovely Tip Jar in the right sidebar, send some money through PayPal, and we’ll use your contribution to keep the show going… and maybe even make it better! Thanks for listening!