Senator Corey Brown (R-23/Gettysburg) wants to be Senate Majority Leader.
Senator Corey Brown… hmm… isn’t that the guy who…
- fears democracy so much that he tried to double the signatures necessary to put initiatives and referenda on the ballot?
- shuts out debate when the public lines up against his terrible ideas?
- doesn’t understand the state constitution well enough to back up his empty threats of legal action against petitioners?
- Jonathan Ellis says damaged his political aspirations with his attack on voters?
- offered the unconstitutional amendment to Senate Bill 69 that makes it practically impossible for Independents to get on the ballot?
- would force candidates who withdraw from the ballot for health reasons to reveal their private medical information to the Secretary of State?
- personally insulted Rep. Kathy Tyler for suggesting the GOED/EB-5 scandal deserved more investigation?
- surveyed school districts on the 2011 budget cuts, found that schools cut nearly 1,500 jobs, and blithely concluded that our schools “avoided disaster”?
Yeah, that’s the guy. He sounds like the perfect representative of South Dakota Republican thinking and tactics. Go ahead, Senate GOP, make him your leader.