Chief Deputy Attorney General Charles McGuigan spoke to the Brown County Republicans on Wednesday about his bid for the GOP nomination for full-bird Attorney General. One of his nomination opponents, Lawrence County State’s Attorney John Fitzgerald, brought his campaign to the Brookings County Republicans on Saturday. The Democratic candidate for Attorney General made no public appearances this week, because we don’t have a candidate for top cop yet. (Democratic lawyers! Think about it!)
Fitzgerald and other GOP candidates fill the agenda for the Brown County GOP’s monthly Wednesday lunches at Pizza Ranch:
- October 11, 2017: Marty Jackley. Marty is currently the Attorney General for South Dakota. He is running for Governor of SD.
- November 8, 2017: Dusty Johnson. Dusty is a candidate for the US House of Representatives.
- December 13, 2017: John Fitzgerald. John is a candidate for SD Attorney General.
- January 8, 2018: Shantel Krebs. Shantel is a candidate for the US House of Representatives.
- February 14, 2018, Wednesday: Jason Ravnsborg. Jason is a candidate for SD Attorney General.
Brown County Democrats host their forum at Pizza Ranch, too, on the second Monday of each month. When I hear who’s up for those events, I’ll let you know!