Child rapist and incestophile Joel Koskan appears to have returned all of the campaign contributions he received in 2022.
- Unitemized: $35
- B.R. Hoffman, Sioux Falls: $200
- Missouri River Dentistry, Fort Pierre: $250
- Mellette County Republicans, White River: $250
- Brule County Republicans, Chamberlain: $500
- Senate Republican Campaign Committee, Sioux Falls: $10,000
- Six PAC, Pierre: $250
- SODAK-D-PAC, Pierre: $250
- Convention of States SD PAC, Indianapolis: $500
These $12,235 in contributions would have brought Koskan’s campaign fund to $14,239.11. With only $2,850 reported in expenditures, Koskan’s cash on hand during the last week of the campaign would have been $11,389.11.
When Koskan’s long-time rape and abuse of his adopted Indian daughter hit the news days before the election, Senator Lee Schoenbeck said the Senate Republican Campaign Committee would stop payment on its $10K check to the rapist’s campaign. The SRCC appears to have made good on Schoenbeck’s declaration. In an amendment filed November 15, Koskan’s wife and campaign treasurer Sally Koskan puts negative signs in front of that GOP contribution and every other income line, indicating that the Koskan campaign either never received those funds or refunded the donors whose checks cleared. Koskan still reports $2,850 in expenses—$350 for events and a puzzlingly high $2,500 for travel. To make up the difference, the November 15 amendment adds an $845.89 donation from Joel and Sally Koskan. Koskan reports an ending balance of $0.