Friday’s my day at the South Dakota State Fair! I’ll be helping man the Democrats’ building on the midway Friday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
So why would you want to come see the Democrats and me tomorrow in Huron?
- You want to pick up some campaign stickers for Billie Sutton for Governor (visiting the Fair Sunday 3–6 p.m.) and Tim Bjorkman for Congress (no State Fair time published yet, but he did hit all the big August shows!).
- You’re planning to visit Kristi Noem down at the GOP booth on Friday, so you want to visit us Democrats for good question points beforehand and sanity-restoring rebuttals afterward.
- You want to observe cranky Trumpists’ rude gestures so you can consider civil, patriotic responses.
- You want to run for office and make a difference in 2018 and want some advice on how to get started.
- You’re a Chinese EB-5 investor who believes you got hoodwinked by Northern Beef Packers and South Dakota and you want to thank me for providing material for your South Dakota Supreme Court appeal.
- You’re Paul Bachand and you want to thank me for providing you an easy target for your response to the Chinese EB-5 investors’ appeal (not to mention tell me in person that I’m not a “credible authority”).
- You’d like to get some straight facts from me about the ballot measures currently circulating (including Drey Samuelson’s voting-by-mail initiative that A.G. Jackley just explained today).
- You have a hot blog tip to hand me when no one is looking (at the top of my wish list: LuAnn Werdel’s first January 10, 2011, e-mail on GEAR UP, the whereabouts of Scott Westerhuis’s missing safe, receipts showing who’s paying for the mini-Klan meetings in Aberdeen, and any memos showing Donald Trump is planning to visit South Dakota to campaign for Neal Tapio).
- You can’t finish all those onion rings yourself.
- You want to join the political party that really wants to make America great again… for everybody!