Don’t ask me to lead the Thanksgiving prayer—I’ll talk turkey.
Today I am thankful for…
- A President-Elect who means what he says and says what he means;
- A President-Elect who vigorously denounces white supremacists who shout Sieg Heil in his name;
- A President-Elect who respects campaign finance law;
- An incoming United Nations Ambassador with vast experience in foreign policy and diplomacy;
- An incoming federal Secretary of Education with deep experience as an educator and a deep commitment to public schools and equality;
- A state government sharing a similar commitment to making sure tax dollars support public schools instead of subsidizing private schools.
- A Governor and Secretary of State who respect the will of the voters;
- State legislators who respect the will of the voters;
- State legislators focused on solving real problems that make a practical difference in all South Dakotans’ daily lives;
- A state that recruits lots of high-wage employers so that extremely low unemployment translates into big consumer spending and economic growth.
Amen and yum—pass some more raspberries—er, cranberries!