Hot off the Mac—it’s the latest Dakota Free Press Podcast! In Episode #16, friend of the blog Joe Berns joins co-host Spencer Dobson to sit in on Aberdeen’s latest fearfest, the April 16 anti-Muslim slideshow featuring “Understanding the Threat” book peddlers John Guandolo and Chris Gaubatz. Joe and Spencer survived with their logic and mortality intact!
But first, Spencer and I talk about…
- whether Randy Bryce has what Democrats need to win,
- how campaign finance law in South Dakota remains far too friendly to big money,
- what good the latest ruling against Trump and Dakota Access does, and
- Cory’s field trip to Pierre to speak up for direct democracy!
If you like what you hear, share this podcast through your network and donate through the Blog Tip Jar!
Here are some resources for this week’s podcast topics:
Randy Bryce for Congress in Wisconsin [2:20]:
Campaign Finance—Senate Bill 54 vs. Initiated Measure 22 [9:15]:
- Cory’s article on “new” campaign finance law
- Secretary of State’s handy summary of campaign finance law comparing old law, IM22 changes, and SB 54 replacements
Dakota Access Pipeline Ruling [13:40]:
Initiated and Referendum Task Force [18:40]:
Spencer and Joe report on the anti-Muslim “Understanding the Threat” event [28:05]
- Spencer’s essay on the event, with photo of the speakers and SD anti-Muslimites
- Cory’s report on SDGOP support for an appearance of Guandolo and Gaubatz in Rapid City
- Cory’s report on Pennington County Republican Party and church sponsorship of Guandolo and Gaubatz.
Again, if you’d like to support good podcasting, share with your friends and donate through the Blog Tip Jar!
Hey! Want to take Spencer up on his suggestion to turn the next anti-Muslim sideshow into a great Rocky Horror Picture Show event? Give us a shout through the Dakota Free Press Contact form, and let’s see what we can come up with!
p.s.: Here’s that view of the Capitol from LaFramboise Island that I mentioned in our opening: