The Dakota Free Press Podcast goes for two—two big local candidate interviews, with Aberdeen school board candidate Aaron Schultz and incumbent northeast Aberdeen city councilman Mark Remily, both of whom are on Aberdeen’s June 6 ballot!
But first, co-host Spencer Dobson and I have some fun at Republican gubernatorial candidate Terry LaFleur’s wall-building expense, then remind everyone in Aberdeen and across South Dakota with local elections coming up in June to register to vote!
And remember, if you like what you hear, don’t send Terry LaFleur money to build a wall—send it to us via the Dakota Free Press Blog Tip Jar to build more great podcasts!
Terry LaFleur [03:00]:
- That Sioux Falls paper’s story on LaFleur’s effort to raise money for Trump’s wall
- LaFleur gubernatorial campaign website
Voter registration [8:20]:
- How-to from South Dakota Secretary of State
- How-to from DMV.org (not a government agency)
- Use the South Dakota Voter Information Portal to see if you are registered and learn where to vote!
- Download the official Vote605 Mobile App to check your voter registration status!
- SDCL 16-13-4.1: if you have a driver’s license, you’re on the jury selection list!
Aaron Schultz, Aberdeen School Board candidate [12:25]:
Mark Remily, incumbent Aberdeen City Council candidate [35:20]: