Bowl of granola, glass of orange juice, and Dakota Free Press Podcast #6—now that’s breakfast!
On this week’s show, Spencer Dobson and I discuss Aberdeen’s anti-anti-Islam protest, Kristi Noem’s vanquishing of pine beetles, fishing and private property, and Head Start. Then Spencer and I interview Angie Albonico, leader of an initiative to make it legal for terminally ill South Dakotans to get life-ending drugs from doctors. Have a listen… and if you enjoy the show, help us do more by ringing the Dakota Free Press Tip Jar!
Resources for DFP Podcast #6:
April 6 Anti-Anti-Muslim Protest in Aberdeen
- DFP video interviews with protestors
- DFP photos of protest
- My explanation of the anti-Islam conspiracy theorist whose Aberdeen show provoked this protest.
Kristi the Beetle Killer
New Restrictions on Fishing on Non-Meandered Lakes
- Nick Lowery, “Lake Access Restrictions Sparking Controversy,” Pierre Capital Journal, 2017.04.10.
- South Dakota Supreme Court ruling ending unrestricted public access to new (“non-meandered”) lakes over private property, 2017.03.15
- Game, Fish & Parks Department explanation of non-meandered lakes issue, the department’s actions in response to that ruling, and list of lakes affected.
- List of lakes in South Dakota
- DFP article on possible reduction of kids served by Head Start in Sioux Falls
- 2017 Senate Bill 155, defeated Democratic proposal for pilot pre-K program
- Trump budget blueprint
Death with Dignity—Angie Albonico
- Official Attorney General’s explanation and initiative text
- Death with Dignity South Dakota Facebook page
- New Approach South Dakota Facebook page
- DFP article on “medical aid in dying” measures in Colorado and other states
- DFP article on AG’s explanation