The newest Dakota Free Press Podcast is ready for your earbuds!
In this week’s show…:
- Co-host Spencer Dobson and I express our love for snowplow drivers.
- [3:30] Spencer follows up on questions from Episode 001 on marijuana finance and science.
- [7:00] I explain how the GOP health care plan could damage South Dakota’s budget and economy.
- [12:45] Spencer and I talk about protesting bad laws with online petitions and actually repealing bad laws with referendum petitions.
- [19:05] We go deeper on Senate Bill 149, South Dakota’s attempt to stop same-sex couples from adopting children.
- [32:25] Finally, I get Spencer to tell us about his career as a stand-up comic.
- Support the DFP Podcast: Dakota Free Press Tip Jar!
- Subscribe to the DFP Podcast via RSS
- Spencer on marijuana:
- Senate Bill 149—Religious Discrimination in Adoption:
- Read the bill itself and see which legislators voted for it
- Read my coverage of ACLU-SD policy director Libby Skarin’s intelligent testimony against SB 149.
- Witches. Yes, witches.
- Columbia Law School: 75 studies find children of gay/lesbian couples come out no worse that children of heterosexual couples; 4 studies find children of gay/lesbian couples face added disadvantages.
- Quartz: No disadvantages for children of same-sex couples.
- Newsweek: SB 149 is part of a broader nationwide effort to chip away at marriage equality.