Early voting is open at courthouses across the state. For folks far from a courthouse, South Dakota also offers six satellite early voting centers with varying schedules. Here’s the latest where and when for our satellite early voting centers, provided by the Secretary of State’s office:
- Buffalo County: Crow Creek Sioux Tribal Hall, Fort Thompson; Tuesday through Thursday, October 4–6, 11–13, and 18–20, 10 a.m.–3 p.m.
- Jackson County: Crazy Horse School, T&T Building, Wanblee; Monday–Friday, 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Oglala Lakota County: SuAnne Big Crow Center, Pine Ridge; Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Pennington County: Wall City Finance Office, Wall; Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Pennington County: Hill City Finance Office, Hill City; Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Todd County: Todd County Building, Mission; Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9 a.m.–3 p.m. (last day November 3).
We’re still behind on providing equal voting access in Buffalo and Todd counties, but something is better than nothing. Neighbors, get out and use those early satellite voting centers!